My Favorite Sandwich
Sandwiches don’t get better than this! The best Veggie Sandwich in the world! Amen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- Vegenaise or high-quality mayonnaise
- 1–2 pieces of lettuce
- tomato slices
- cucumber slices
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced or cut into chunks
- Order is important here, folks. You can’t just put this sandwich together any which way. Pay attention.
- First, you want to lightly toast your bread. Then, spread one slice with as much Vegenaise as you prefer.
- Next, you want to add the lettuce.
- Then add the tomato slices. The lettuce must go before the tomatoes as it prevents the tomatoes from getting the bread soggy. Very important.
- On top of the tomatoes, add your cucumbers.
- Now you want to add your avocado to the opposite slice of bread.
- I like to mash the avocado to the bread a little so it sticks. Now put it together and slice it in half like a proper sandwich.
Adapted slightly from Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 102mg
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: perfect sandwich