These are a healthy cookie that you can eat for a snack!
- 1 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 5 small dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sucanat
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, process until the whole flax seeds are ground into a fine powder.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds and process until the mixture is sticky. (It’s okay if there are a few pumpkin and sunflower seeds that aren’t completely broken down.)
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and cut in the dried fruit. Once the fruit is mostly incorporated, use your hands to mix in and ensure the fruit is evenly distributed.
- Next, add the 2 tablespoons of Sucanat to the outside of the dough. Use your hands to incorporate it into the dough.
- Using your hands, form the dough into small balls, flatten, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees and flipping the cookies over half way through the baking time. Allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 7.9 grams
- Fat: 3.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13.4 grams
- Protein: 1.5 grams
Keywords: healthy cookies