If you want the flavor of a sauce that’s simmered on the stove all day in a fraction of the time, you need to try this Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce recipe! It’s super easy and yields the most delicious sauce!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, minced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (use vegetable broth for vegan spaghetti sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the inner pot of your Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
- Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Press the cancel button.
- Stir in the whole tomatoes (with their juices), tomato sauce, chicken broth, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and tomato paste. Stir well to combine.*
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, and then let the pressure release naturally.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the mixture to a large blender and blend to the desired consistency. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
*Be sure the tomato paste is well blended with the mixture and there is none sticking to the bottom of the inner pot. This will help avoid getting a “burn notice” on your Instant Pot. Another option is to allow the tomato paste to rest on top of the mixture and stir it in after the cooking time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 2.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.8 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 1.5 grams
Keywords: Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce