Instant Pot Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This Instant Pot Pasta is made with whole wheat penne, roasted red peppers, and made creamy with goat cheese! It’s a healthy and delicious vegetarian dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers + 2 tablespoon liquid from jar
- 1/2 large onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat penne*
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a blender, blend the roasted red peppers from a 16 ounce jar along with two tablespoons of the liquid from the jar. Set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté mode and sauté 1/2 large diced onion and 1 tablespoon minced garlic in 1 tablespoon butter. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened. Press cancel.
- Add the pureed peppers, 4 cups of vegetable broth, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to the Instant Pot. Stir.
- Add 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta*.
- Turn the Instant Pot on high pressure for 8 minutes. Allow it to have a natural release for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release.
- Stir in 1 cup of crumbled goat cheese. Serve and enjoy!
*I haven’t tried this particular recipe with regular pasta, but the time will be less than with whole wheat pasta. I would try 4-6 minutes.
- Calories: 545
- Sugar: 5.3 grams
- Fat: 4.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 115.2 grams
- Fiber: 15.6 grams
- Protein: 20.9 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot pasta