Quick and easy, this recipe will change the way you make homemade macaroni and cheese!
- 16 ounces regular or GF elbow pasta noodles*
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1 cup shredded gouda
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2–1 cup whole milk
- Add the elbow macaroni, chicken stock, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the inner pot of your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Press the manual button and adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove the lid, and stir in the cheese, about 1/2 cup at at time, stirring before adding more.
- Stir in the milk, starting with 1/2 cup and then adding more if needed to your desired thickness for the sauce. Enjoy!
*I tested this with gluten-free and non-gluten-free pasta and both worked well. I only used the brand of gluten-free noodles shown in the photo, and I cannot say if every brand will work the same.
**Cooking time does not include the time it takes to bring the Instant Pot to pressure.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 4.8 g.
- Fat: 23.4 g.
- Carbohydrates: 64 g.
- Fiber: 2.5 g.
- Protein: 26.6 g.
Keywords: Instant Pot Mac and Cheese