Use your Instant Pot pressure cooker to make this easy and delicious soup that happens to be healthy, too.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup diced onion (1/2 of a large onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sliced carrots (from 2-3 carrots)
- 1 cup sliced celery stalks (from 2-3 celery stalks)
- 1 cup cubed golden potatoes (from 2-3 small potatoes)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 cups (48 ounces) chicken broth or stock
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 pounds total)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Hit the sauté button and heat the oil in the inner pot of your Instant Pot.
- Add the onion and allow it to sauté until it is softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, and onion powder and stir, cooking the mixture for an additional minute. Press the cancel button.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the peas, and stir to combine. Make sure to scrape any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the instant pot at this time.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and press the manual button. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Take the lid off of the Instant pot and stir in the peas.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the inner pot and shred them. Put the shredded chicken back into the soup and serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: soup recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 11.4 grams
- Fat: 8.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29.3 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 10.5 grams
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup