This homemade apple sauce is so easy to make in your Instant Pot pressure cooker!
- 4 pounds apples*, cored and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place the apples, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon in the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Transfer the apples (including the liquid) to a blender and blend until desired consistency. You may also use a hand blender if you prefer.
- Allow to cool and then store in airtight containers. Will keep refrigerated for 7-10 days. May also be frozen.
*I have tried this recipe with a combination of sweet and tart apples and all sweet apples. Our family is divided on which is best. We are used to unsweetened applesauce, so we don’t need any extra sweeteners. I always keep the peels on the apples because it’s easier, more nutritious, and my Vitamix blends the applesauce so smooth they aren’t noticeable. You can peel them if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 29 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 38.3 grams
- Fiber: 5.5 grams
- Protein: 0.7 grams
Keywords: Instant Pot Apple Sauce