If you want to know how to cook butternut squash the quickest and easiest way…you need to know how to do it in your Instant Pot!
- 1 small to medium butternut squash
- 1 cup water
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water into the pot.
- Place your whole butternut squash on the trivet. If it doesn’t fit, cut off just the top and bottom.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes and then use the quick release function.
- Carefully remove the squash from the Instant Pot. Cut off the top and bottom and you should be able to pull the skin away. Cut the squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and fibers. You can now use the cooked butternut squash for a different recipe or purée it.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes (plus time to come to pressure)
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 14 grams
- Fat: 0.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 76 grams
- Fiber: 13 grams
- Protein: 6.5 grams
Keywords: how to cook butternut squash