This Homemade Cough Syrup is made with simple, natural ingredients and works to soothe your throat and ease a cough.
- 1 1/2 cups raw honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 lemons, juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into a glass jar with a tight lid. Shake well before serving.
- Take 1 tablespoon*, as needed, warmed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or on the shelf in your pantry*.
Dosage is the same for adults and children, take 1-2 tablespoons as needed. Do not give to children under 12 months of age.
If stored in the refrigerator, the olive oil will solidify and need to be brought to room temperature to emulsify into the syrup again. Storing at room temperature prevents this.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: health remedies
- Method: stirring
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 9.3 grams
- Fat: 2.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10.3 grams
- Fiber: 0.1 grams
- Protein: 0.1 grams
Keywords: homemade cough syrup