This Healthy Teriyaki Sauce is made with a few simple ingredients and just takes a few minutes. It’s worth the effort!
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice cooking wine
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder + 2 teaspoons water
- Place all of the ingredients, except the arrowroot powder, in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot and water.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the arrowroot slurry.
- Continue to cook a few more minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove it from the heat right when you see it is thick enough.