You won’t believe that these unbelievably delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are so HEALTHY! They are made with white beans, but you don’t have to tell anyone that! Vegan and gluten-free, too!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 can cannellini white kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup plain pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup sucanat*
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- Lightly oil an 8X8 inch square baking pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, process the oats until they are a fine flour. Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and process very well. The mixture should be quite smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and smooth the batter with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-26 minutes. The cookie bars are done when the top is set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan before slicing into 16 bars.
*If you’d like to reduce the sugar in this recipe, use Swerve in place of the Sucanat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 - 26 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 of 16 bars
- Calories: 149
- Sugar: 11 grams
- Fat: 6.4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4.3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 4.1 grams
- Protein: 2.8 grams
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cookie bars