A healthier version of a family favorite breakfast
- 10 slices whole grain bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large, shallow bowl, mix your eggs, milk, and cinnamon and vanilla, if using. Preheat your griddle or pan over medium heat. If you aren’t using non-stick, coat with oil or butter.
- Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Cook in the hot pan until golden brown to your liking, about 2-4 minutes per side. Allow the slices to cool, and then cut each slice into 4 sticks. You can cut multiple pieces at once.
- Can be stored in the freezer in a glass container or a Zip-lock freezer bag for 1-2 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 sticks
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Sodium: 73mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2g
- Protein: 7.2g
Keywords: healthy breakfast