These Easy Chocolate Bird Nests are a quick and easy no-bake treat that is healthy and is perfect for spring or Easter!
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- candy-coated almonds or other egg shaped candies, preferably naturally colored
- In a high powered blender or food processor, process the dates, almonds, cocoa powder, and peanut butter until they are broken down completely. Transfer to a medium bowl and add the shredded coconut. Blend it in with your hands, kneading the mixture to incorporate the coconut.
- If the dough seems too dry/crumbly and isn’t staying together that well, you can add a splash of almond milk or a little more peanut butter/almond butter. Your dates may have been too old or dry.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and press the center of the ball flat with your thumbs. Pinch the edges to create a nest shape. Place 2-3 candy eggs in each nest. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: desserts
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 18
- Fat: 6.5
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 3.9