This Broccoli and Chicken with Peanut Sauce tastes incredible served over quinoa, brown rice, or jasmine rice.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, low-sodium tamari, or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or fat of choice), divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 bunches of broccoli, cut into small florets (about 6 cups florets)
- salt and pepper
- To make your peanut sauce, blend the first 8 ingredients until smooth. (If you don’t have a blender, mince the ginger and garlic and then whisk all of the ingredients together very well.) Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken cubes and sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Cook until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 5-10 minutes*.
- Removed the cooked chicken from the pan and cover it to keep it warm. Turn the heat up just a bit and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the pan.
- Add the broccoli and sprinkle it with a little bit of salt and pepper. Toss the broccoli to coat it in the coconut oil and then add a few tablespoons of water.
- Cook until the broccoli is bright green and crisp tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan. Add the peanut sauce to the pan and stir until the chicken and broccoli are well coated. Serve and enjoy!
*Time depends on how small you cubed your chicken. If you need them to cook faster, make them smaller. Mine are typically ready in 8 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner recipe
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 12.3g
- Sodium: 201mg
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 21.3g
Keywords: Chicken and Broccoli