This is an easy and healthy Breakfast Egg Casserole that works equally well as a holiday or meal prep breakfast. It’s filled with protein and veggies!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with cooking oil.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the baking dish and spread them out evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, and garlic powder.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Add the cheese to the top of the casserole and continue baking another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: breakfast recipes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 2.3 grams
- Fat: 11.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 grams
- Fiber: 0.8 grams
- Protein: 9.7 grams
Keywords: Breakfast Egg Casserole