This Double Chocolate Banana Zucchini Bread is healthier than your average quick bread, but you’d never know it! It’s moist, decadent, and wholesome.
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sucanat or organic sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 2–3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda well. Make sure there are no clumps from the cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the coconut oil and sugar about 2-3 minutes. The mixture will resemble wet sand.
- Add the eggs one at a time, allowing them to incorporate well after each addition.
- Next, add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Now add in the banana, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and zucchini and do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Start to check the bread at 45 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean, it is ready. My loaf was perfect at 51 minutes, but ovens can vary. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: bread
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 20 grams
- Fat: 9.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 33 grams
- Protein: 4.9 grams