These healthy Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Bars are dairy free, low in sugar, and a make a delicious treat!
For the Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 (15 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
For the Chocolate Coating
- 9 ounces stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a blender, blend the frozen strawberries, coconut milk, and honey until you have a smooth mixture. Taste and add more sweetener if you prefer.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container (I used a glass baking dish and covered it with plastic wrap and foil), cover tightly, and freeze until solid, at least 3 hours.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut the strawberry ice cream into heart-shaped bars and poke a wooden treat stick into the bottom. Place the bars onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and place the tray in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Remove from heat just before the chocolate looks like it’s melted all the way. Stir to continue melting until you have a smooth mixture. Allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
- Dip the ice cream bars into the chocolate and use a spoon to cover them completely. Place the bars back on the parchment-lined sheet and place back in the freezer to harden.
- Transfer the bars to a freezer-safe container for storage.
- To make this a vegan recipes, use agave nectar in place of the honey.
- Regular chocolate chips may be substituted.
- If you are unable to cut through the ice cream with the cookie cutter, leave it out at room temperature for a few minutes until it softens just a little.
- Smaller cookie cutters work better than larger ones. I found the best size to be 3 inches at the widest part.
- If you are storing these in a glass container, line it with parchment paper or the bars will stick to the glass.
- The extra strawberry ice cream from around the hearts can be saved and eaten separately.
- Prep Time: 5 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: dessert recipe
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 10.2 grams
- Fat: 10.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 7.3 grams
- Protein: 2.2 grams
Keywords: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream Bars