This Brownie Batter Dessert Hummus makes a healthy dessert and is great for dipping fruit and pretzels!
- 1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup good-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Gently heat coconut milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and coconut sugar over low heat. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and add the coconut oil. Continue to whisk until the coconut oil melts into the mixture. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Drain and rinse your can of chickpeas well. In a food processor, process until the chickpeas are completely broken down.
- Add the chocolate mixture and salt and mix until you have a smooth mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
*If your Brownie Batter Dessert Hummus is too thick after chilling, you can stir in 1-2 tablespoons water or coconut milk to help thin it out.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour (chill time)
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Protein: 2 grams