This Blueberry Lemon Spelt Quick Bread is vegan, sweetened without refined sugar, and used the nutritionally dense spelt flour! It’s a light, moist, delicious quick bread.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal+3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1–2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup avocado oil, or your favorite baking oil
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Combine the ground flaxseed meal and water. Set aside to allow to gel.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and coconut sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and vinegar mixture, the flax egg, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just barely combined.
- Fold in 1 1/4 cup of the blueberries.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining blueberries on the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: quick bread
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 12.8g
- Sodium: 166.3mg
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 27.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 3.4g