While not a traditional blondie recipe, this healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Blondie version is vegan, gluten free, and nicely flavored.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (certified GF if necessary)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed well
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (this brand is vegan )*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 X 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper so it is hanging over the sides or line with foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the oats until they are a fine crumb. Add the chickpeas and process until they are very smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and process until everything is well combined. Take out the blade of the food processor and stir in the 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack before slicing into squares. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 14 grams
- Fat: 2.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Protein: 2.8 grams