This is the juiciest baked bone in Chicken Breast recipe that results in crispy, delicious skin!
Crispy Skin Baked Chicken Breasts
• 2-4 tablespoons arrowroot powder*
• 1 tablespoon sweet Spanish paprika
• 2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil
• 4 bone-in split chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a baking rack on top. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder, paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel. Brush them with avocado oil, and then sprinkle them with the arrowroot mixture.
- Pat the mixture down on each breast.
- Place the chicken on top of the rack and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, depending on the size of your breasts. Remove the breasts from the oven when they reach 160 degrees F, and allow them to sit for 5 minutes. They will continue to cook while they are resting without drying out. Enjoy!
*The arrowroot powder helps produce a crispier skinned chicken. The amount you need will depend on the size of your chicken breasts. You can keep the seasoning the same, but adjust to more arrowroot powder for larger breasts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dessert recipes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 breast
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 0.2 g.
- Sodium: 722.1 mg.
- Fat: 22.5 g.
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g.
- Fiber: 1 g.
- Protein: 58.7 g.
- Cholesterol: 164.6 mg.
Keywords: Baked Bone in Chicken Breasts