- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, or oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- lemon zest, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Evenly top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Roast in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is just starting to brown.
- Add the lemon zest in an even layer to the top of the asparagus. Serve immediately.