A hearty fall salad with the best contrasting flavors and textures!
for the dressing
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or apple juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
for the salad
- 10 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium beet, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
For the dressing:
- In a small blender, blend all ingredients until the oil is emulsified. You can also add to a mason jar and shake until combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Heat gently in a small sauce pan when ready to serve and drizzle a small amount on each salad.
For the salad:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put the prepared vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet and cover with the avocado oil. Add a touch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast in the preheated oven for 25-45 minutes, to your desired doneness. Longer cooking time will yield a sweeter, more caramelized vegetable. Toss the vegetables a few times during the cooking time to ensure even roasting.
- When the vegetables are ready, assemble the salads by placing greens on a plate, and topping each salad with roasted vegetables (about 1/2 cup for the large salad portion), pepitas (about 1 tablespoon for the large portion), and just a drizzle of the dressing. You don’t need a lot of the dressing. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Salad recipes
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 10.3g
- Sodium: 104mg
- Fat: 21.75g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: roasted vegetable salad