This Autumn Kale Salad is bursting with sweet roasted vegetables and an incredible dressing that will have you wanting to make it over and over.
- 1 medium (about 1 1/2-2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and medium diced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 cups finely chopped kale (any variety, or use a mix)
- 1 large granny smith apple, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 12 dates, roughly chopped
For the Dressing
- 4 tablespoons cashew butter (other nut or seed butters may be substituted, but cashew butter is my favorite here)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1–3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the diced butternut squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil, cinnamon, and salt and use your hands to evenly coat the squash pieces.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the squash is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking prepare your toppings and dressing. To toast the pecans, place them in a small skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
- To make the salad, first combine the kale, apple, pecans, and dates. Top with the dressing and toss to coat well. If desired, reserve a small amount of the dressing to drizzle on top of individual salads for aesthetic purposes. Now gently add the cooked butternut squash and lightly toss. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 13.9g
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fat: 12.4g
- Carbohydrates: 32.25g
- Protein: 4.9g