A tasty and filling breakfast, this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is perfect for chilly mornings.
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick cooking)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk most of the time)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 large banana
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
Optional Toppings: ground flaxseed, raisins, shaved almonds, additional milk
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the oats, milk, water, and cinnamon. Add the banana in very thin slices.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, and then stir vigorously to whip the bananas into the oatmeal.
- Stir in the apples and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the oatmeal reaches the consistency you prefer, about 4-5 more minutes. The longer you let it cook, the thicker it will become.
- Serve in bowls and add any toppings you prefer.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 13.6 grams (0 grams added)
- Sodium: 131.3mg
- Fat: 1.8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 52 graMS
- Fiber: 8.7 grams
- Protein: 6.9 grams
Keywords: Apple cinnamon Oatmeal