This is a powerful anti-inflammatory smoothie that tastes incredible with no added sugar.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1–1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste (recipe in notes )
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high speed until super smooth. Enjoy!
To Make the Turmeric Paste
- 1/4 cup turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the turmeric and water in a pan over low heat, stirring until a paste is formed.
- Once you have a paste, stir in the black pepper.
- Cool and store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
To substitute fresh turmeric, use 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh turmeric and add a pinch of pepper to the smoothie.
To use fresh turmeric, use 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped turmeric and add a pinch of pepper to the smoothie.
If you’d prefer to not make the turmeric paste, use 1 teaspoon turmeric paste and add a pinch of pepper to the smoothie.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 38.5g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 47.8g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie