Simple and nutritious, these Almond Butter and Quinoa Energy Balls are lightly sweet and satisfying.
- ¾ cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of oats
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the quinoa and water in a saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients. With a wooden spoon mix well to combine everything. You will end up with a sticky dough that holds together.
- With your hand, form small balls about 1 inch of diameter.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- ¾ natural peanut butter instead of almond butter
- To make these nut-free, use sunflower seed butter
- ¼ cup of honey instead of maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of hemp seeds instead of flax seeds
- To make easier to roll the balls, you can place the bowl with the mixture in fridge for 30 minutes.
- You can keep the energy ball in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: healthy
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 5.2 grams
- Fat: 6.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13.6 grams
- Fiber: 2.6 grams
- Protein: 3.6 grams
Keywords: Almond Butter and Quinoa Energy Balls