These Flourless Sweet Potato Muffins are easy to prep in the blender and are made without flour, oil, or refined sugar. They are a healthy way to start your day and are perfect for busy mornings!
Do you have smooth mornings or hectic mornings at your house? Morning time is hectic at my house. I’m not one of those super organized moms who has everything needed for the day lined up neatly, ready to go the night before. No, we’re grabbing school papers as we run out the door around here. I’m working on my organization, but I’ve got a long ways to go.
Blender muffins have revolutionized our mornings. That sounds pretty dramatic, doesn’t it? It’s totally true.
Before I discovered blender muffins, I’d never have time to make muffins on a school morning. Sure, I’m up early enough, but I have 100 other things to do and don’t have the time to prep muffins. But blender muffins? Five minutes to prep, tops. You simply put the ingredients in the blender, blend, and pour into the muffin tin. So easy! If needed, you can even eat these in the car.
I make this recipe for customizable 5-ingredient blender muffins all the time. It’s my go-to weekday muffin recipe and my kids always gobble them up. Today I’m bringing you a new favorite version of the blender muffin. A blender muffin with a vegetable! I’m all about starting our day on a healthy note, and it doesn’t get much better than having a vegetable with your breakfast.
These Flourless Sweet Potato Blender Muffins are made with no flour, no oil, and no refined sugar. I was skeptical about making a muffin with no flour, but it works! You’ll notice the texture isn’t exactly like that of a regular muffin, but it still has a light crumb that is very muffin-like.
You’ll also notice that without flour, they don’t rise as high as traditional muffins. Don’t let that stop you from trying these. I love having my kids start their day with a muffin where the number #1 ingredient is a vegetable instead of flour.
I’m the only person in my family of four that likes sweet potato, but everyone loved these. I can’t tell you how excited that makes me! Am I the only mom who gets that excited when I make something and everyone likes it? It’s a good day when that happens. They have a lovely spiced flavor that is perfect for fall. If your family is reluctant to eat sweet potatoes, this is a great way to get them to eat this super food.
And now your busy mornings have time for muffins!
- ¾ cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 2 medium banana
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Place ¾ cup mashed sweet potato along with all the remaining ingredients (except the baking powder) in a blender. (Make sure you measure the sweet potato as the texture will change if you add a different amount.) Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and blend on low until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup ¾ of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-23 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.