This Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich has “new favorite lunch” written all over it. Or dinner. Who am I kidding? Sometimes tossing a few things in a bowl, mashing them together, and throwing them on bread is all the energy I have for dinner. It really is that easy to make this vegetarian buffalo chickpea salad. Did I mention this was EASY?
Check it out. You can count the ingredients on one hand. Plus the salt and pepper. Salt and pepper don’t really count, do they? I think this could be a less than 10 minute recipe from start to finish if you’re efficient.
Easy means nothing, though, if it doesn’t taste good. Ummm…it’s buffalo. YUM. Everyone loves buffalo- flavored stuff. Usually when you think of buffalo, you think of buffalo chicken wings or buffalo chicken dip. Who said chickpeas can’t get in on that action? A vegetarian version of buffalo goodness was just waiting to come out of my kitchen.
Greek yogurt+bleu cheese mix together for a lovely creaminess that is still light. The celery is a classic buffalo pairing and adds a nice crunch to the salad for a perfect balance of textures.
Are you ready to do this? Don’t wait–you need this Buffalo Chickpea Salad Sandwich. Trust me.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup bleu cheese
- 1-2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank's
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon, mash the chickpeas until they are mostly broken down. It's okay to leave some whole.
- Serve on bread with some spinach or lettuce, on top of a bed of greens, or in a wrap. Enjoy!