I had a long list of reasons why I didn’t want to post this recipe for Avocado Toast with Peaches and Sea Salt. Here’s a partial list:
- Toast is not a recipe.
- Avocado Toast is so overdone on blogs and I hate posting anything that’s been done a million times.
- I don’t love how the pictures turned out.
These photos have been sitting on my camera for a while now, and I didn’t think I was going to actually share this breakfast “recipe” with you. But there was one compelling reason I just couldn’t ignore: This avocado toast is freaking delicious. I can’t stop buying peaches so I can make it over and over. Summer peaches, please never go away.
So while it’s debatable if I can even call this a recipe, I had to share it because maybe it’s a combo you haven’t thought of, or maybe you haven’t ventured to try avocado toast yet. The one tip I have is don’t skip the sea salt! It’s crucial. I use this coarse sea salt by Real Salt and it’s fantastic. No additives or bleaching, just salt.
My favorite store-bought bread is Dave’s Killer Bread. (<—– Use the store locator from that link to see where you can buy it where you live. I get mine at Kroger.) The combination of crunchy toast, creamy mashed avocado, topped with sweet peaches and a touch of sea salt is incredible. You’re going to love it!
- 2 pieces of bread, toasted
- ½ large avocado, mashed
- ½ large peach, sliced
- sprinkle of coarse sea salt
- Spread the mashed avocado over the two slices of toasted bread.
- Top with peaches slices and then sprinkle with sea salt.